Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Say What

I was on Instagram today and I saw a post about this beautiful young lady named Vanessa. She was informed by her school that if she don't cut her natural hair she will face expulsion. SAY WHAT?????????? Now this is crazy and what kind of message the school is sending to the students, families, and the community. I have natural hair and I would be angry if someone told me to cut my hair to remain somewhere. I don't understand the reasoning behind the school decision and I'm getting frustrated writing this post. If you want to read more about this story click here: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/africanamerican-girl-faces-expulsion-over-natural-hair/-/1637132/23159400/-/ajs6jbz/-/index.html. Below is a picture of Vanessa:





Vanessa you are gorgeous and I love your hair please don't allow people to tell you otherwise.

Photo courtesy: clickorlando.com


1 comment:

  1. I heard about this too! This made my blood boil!!! It's devastating that the world has come to this smh We are more concerned about outward appearance than other pressing matters in life (i.e. nationwide homeless rate, feeding the hungry, gun violence, getting Americans back to work or even FUNDING a proper education for all etc.). I'm glad this little girl is sticking up for herself because it's not easy at that age to handle ridicule from your peers nor from your supposed "elders." She's strong!!!

    ReplyDelete