Saturday, November 16, 2013

Who Run Dat

Trainer: run down the street and back
 
Me: attitude face .…Ugh I hate running
 
This is how I reacted when anyone told me to run. I never cared for running or thought about running in my spare time.I felt like running took so much energy, I immediately felt the pain in my legs, I was out of breath, and I kept telling myself this was hard. One day when I took BT (personal trainer) boot camp class he had us run down the street back and forth for two minutes (it had a hill as well). Do you know I was the last one who finished the task? Mind you there were people in the class that was older than me. It was bad enough my momma finished before me. At that moment, I decided that I had to do better. I couldn’t have these people outrun me like that. I started to run laps around the track until I got tired. My goal was to be able to run a mile. It took me a while to get there but I finally did it. From there it’s been a wrap, running became something I enjoy. After a while, I invested in some running shoes (Nike outlet is poppin they had a good deal) and I plan to buy some running gear for the winter. I really enjoy running outdoors but when it gets really cold my ass will be indoors on the treadmill. I couldn’t believe that I actually enjoy running. I was the girl who hated running and would give you the stank face if I was told to run any where. If you set your mind to it you can do it. It’s not going to be easy but it will be worth it. Now my goal is to start running 5k, 8k, and 10k. Shit I might be the next track star for the US Olympics lol but you get it.
 
SN: today I ran 4 miles (doing my happy dance) :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment